Classes September 2012-June 2013
Here is my current class list. There are a lot of cool classes for all sorts of people to attend, not just degree based work, and at two different universities. Looking forward to seeing you!
UBC Executive Education through the Sauder School of Business
On November 22&23, 2012, I will be teaching an action packed 2 day seminar at the UBC Robson Campus on Marketing Communications – or for practitioners, more commonly referred to as Integrated Marketing Communications. An overview of the course can be found here. It is open to anyone with an interest in learning this critical subject, and could be useful to more than just Marketing professionals. The UBC Robson campus is right downtown – in the heart of all the coolness that is Vancouver BC. For my US connections, I am teaching on US Thanksgiving, so its not a good option for many of you!
UBC Graduate Programs through the Sauder School of Business
- Integrated Marketing Communications, BAMA 514 for students in the Full Time and Part Time MBA programs (although MM-ECM students can sometimes also opt in). An advanced look in this area, learning and applying quickly the ideas presented in the course. This course encompasses all media types. Look for it in the elective schedule for April/May of 2013. Previous syllabus from April/May of 2012 here.
- Marketing, BAMA 550 for students in the MM-ECM program from September-October 2012. Syllabus here. This course covers the basics of marketing in a fast and furious fashion. This is always fun as the backgrounds and different interests in the MM-ECM class make for a terrific learning experience for all
UBC Undergraduate Curriculum through the Sauder School of Business
- Marketing Analysis, COMM 363. Syllabus from Fall 2012 section here. One of the required courses in the marketing undergraduate track. This course is a combination of two areas – case analysis and MARKSTRAT simulation. The section I’ll be teaching begins on January 2, 2013.
- Integrated Marketing Communications, COMM 462. Syllabus here. A very cool course which takes a non-media directed view of how to communicate brand and marketing messages successfully through great creative ideas communicated at the right time in the right “way” (which can be vehicle or event based). Includes application of these principles to a real world client. Offered to undergraduates in both Fall 2012 and Winter 2013.
- Marketing Management, COMM 465. Syllabus here. Offered Fall of 2012. This course serves as an introduction to marketing for students from many disciplines who are also working towards a minor in Commerce (Business). We have a great deal of fun covering the marketing basics together.
WWU Undergraduate College of Business and Economics
- Branding, MTKG 488/MBA 534, offered Winter 2013 and Spring 2013 terms. This course utilizes my proprietary Brand Landscape as the “infographic and course outline” of the branding process as its core. During our 20 sessions together we learn the elements of the process, challenge them with various readings and insights from other smart writers, and DO a lot of evaluation and application of the process and ideas to brands chosen by your team.
- Principles of Marketing , MKTG 380, Fall 2012. Just what it sounds like – the introductory course taken by CBE majors of all disciplines.
WWU Graduate programs College of Business and Economics
While there are no graduate courses currently scheduled, I have taught in the Executive MBA program based out of Everett WA as well as the Full Time MBA Marketing Managerial Decisions 516.